Friday, February 10, 2012

Frank J. Hard House



Moving south on Patterson from the Luckey and Campbell houses, on the east side of the street was the huge Queen Anne style Fank J. Hard Home. Records show that the house was moved sometime prior to 1914 to 613 E. 11th Ave., where it stood until circa 1960 when it was replaced with a very nondescript apartment complex. This was a particularly well designed and attractive Victorian house, with its three story tower, wrap around porch which conformed to the curve of the tower and the charming second floor covered balcony, which was unfortunately removed after the house was moved.

1 comment:

  1. I noticed you follow my blog! I have 2 images of Eugene that are not on there. I'll send them to you if you'd like. Just send a request to my email: christopherrwilson@hotmail.com. One is a color tinted downtown view on a post card and another is a sorority house (I think).

    ReplyDelete